Monday, 27 January 2014

We ♥ Cape Town




Hi guys! So it happened. I neglected this site for two months. Which equals to exactly 27 blog years. And whilst I have not been blogging, I have been busy. And I've made a little video to show you what I've been up to :)


My interest in creating videos piqued after attending the Wavescape Film Festival late last year. I left the festival feeling inspired by how the natural landscapes coupled with crazy talented surfers had been captured. So the ideas for a surf video featuring my husband, brother in-law and few of their close friends began and sprung into action. But more on that a little later...

In between all the surf footage, I captured everything else we did during the holidays. My husband and I spent soo much time together, it's unbelievable we didn't get sick of each other :)  Beaching, eating, spending lots of time with our friends and family - it was definitely a jam packed few weeks and I loved every minute of it. And it doesn't hurt to have Cape Town as your playground. It is just the most beautiful place to be during Summer.

The program I used to edit and put the video together was Adobe Premiere Pro. I found it simple yet complex at the same time. And also really frustrating. Especially after you've just rendered your movie for about 50 minutes and then exported it for another 45 minutes, only to find little glitches here and there. Which would mean having to go back and edit, edit, edit and begin the long process of rendering and exporting the file, again. It was a total pain but I am very happy with the result. It's by no means perfect but I love that I have this little montage of clips that I could show my kids one day Insha Allah :)

Before I get anymore "menti-sental" on you guys, enjoy the video and thanks for watching!

Saara

P.S. Happy 2014!! (even though it's almost February. Gosh, I'm the worst)

Youtube link for the video can be found here

3 comments:

  1. Really, really, REALLY AMAZING. I feel inspired now, like why is my life not a movie with a catchy soundtrack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks Natheefah! :)))

      Delete